Urban Nature Store is a specialty independent retailer focused on helping homeowners create a strong and vibrant backyard environment. We offer everything you need for successful and enjoyable birding, while also offering a large selection of natural pest control products, gardening tools, tree care products and many other unique products and great gift ideas.
Assistant Retail Store Manager
1) Job Location: Urban Nature Store - Etobicoke (100 The East Mall, Toronto ON M8Z 5X2)
Openings: 1 (Part Time)
2) Job Location: Urban Nature Store - North York (900 Don Mills Rd. Unit 3A North York, ON M3C 1V6)
Openings: 1 (Part Time)
3) Job Location: Urban Nature Store - St. Catharines
Openings: 1 (Full Time), 1 (Part Time)
Urban Nature Stores is a leader in the Wild Birding industry. Our customers come to us for a variety of high quality wild bird related products. From food to binoculars, specialty gifts and garden accessories.
Customers rely on us for our expertise. Our customers are wild bird and nature enthusiasts and love to share their latest nature stories with us.
If immersing yourself in a culture of ongoing education, "customer first" service and you have the ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment, we would love to hear from you.
Urban Nature Store is currently seeking an assistant store manager for multiple store locations.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for helping to oversee the day-to-day operations of the store and ensuring optimum sales through merchandise, inventory and human resource management. You would be responsible for:
- Ensuring each customer receives outstanding customer service in a friendly environment, which includes greeting and welcoming each customer, maintaining high standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of outstanding customer service
- Setting a positive example through effective sales skills and product knowledge on the sales floor.
- Coordinating floor merchandising, cleaning the store and maintaining the overall appearance of the store.
- Managing deliveries of products and proper inventory rotation.
- Ensuring the accurate completion of all sales transactions and proper cash accountabilities at the POS register.
- Training staff on the use of the POS system.
- Communicating and working with other store managers and team members.
- 2 years of retail or service related experience (Pet, birding or garden sector experience would be an asset).
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
- Basic math skills, as it related to retail sales.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs bags.
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends.
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from the store.
- Enthusiasm for learning and personal growth.
Urban Nature Store is committed to promoting a fair and equitable selection process and workplace.
Interested candidates, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest in Urban Nature Store, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.