A new generation of illustrated natural history handbooks, produced in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution.
The new DK Nature Guides form a comprehensive, accessible, and informative series of illustrated reference books that tackle key natural history subjects in DK's inimitable style.
From the Arctic Tern and American Woodcock to the Turkey Vulture and Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Nature Guide: Birds is packed full of stunning images that reveal bird anatomy, flight, migration patterns, breeding, habitats-all perfect for bird watching and easy identification.
- Stunning images revealing intricate details and unique features of specimens
- Expert writing and research by specialists
- Clear, concise, and informative text bring the subjects to life
- Specially commissioned close-up photography and illustrations
- Carefully structured profiles ensuring it is easy to locate key information
- Entries organized in intuitive categories or groupings for ease of reference
About the Author
The Smithsonian Institution, established in 1846, is a world renowned research center, dedicated to public education, national service, and scholarship in the arts, sciences, and history.