Solitary Pollen Bee Nest – AMAZINGLY DIFFERENT!!
• Attracts gentle native bees
• Styrene weatherproof body keeps all the inner components dry and secure
• Crushed volcanic rock filler to protect against moisture - also an excellent insulator
• Vented filler plug aerates the nest
• Purple coloured cover attracts the bees
• Styrene body guards against predatory mites and beetles
• Moulded front protects the tubes from attack by birds and rodents
• Nesting tubes held securely in place by front and back covers
• 20 nest tubes are of specific diameters & length for a variety of bees to use the nest
• Can be left in the garden all year to mimic the natural process
• Patented US #8,517,193B2 – Canada #2777 954
• Made in Canada.
• Practical not decorative!
Native solitary bees do not produce honey, they do not have a queen, nor do they live in a
hive. This means they do not have anything to protect, and they will retreat rather than
attack. Solitary bees are also vastly better pollinators than the non-native honey bees;
however they too are experiencing declining numbers. Installing a solitary pollen bee nest
is an easy way to do your part; it will provide native cavity nesting bees with a safe
environment in which to lay their eggs. The bees that lay their eggs in the nest only live for
6 weeks, and the new generation will emerge after 12 months. One nest has the potential to
yield 100 new bees!
An easy and safe way to help native bees.
Pickup is still available for local store locations with 0 stock if home delivery inventory is available. In this case, order pickups will be ready as soon as the local store receives an inventory restocking from the warehouse