Trees of Ontario
by Linda Kershaw
Trees of Ontario is a comprehensive guide to all native and naturalized trees and tall shrubs in the province. Includes 213 species from 31 families:
- Notes of interest on edible fruits and on human and wildlife use of the trees
- 574 colour photos and illustrations show each tree’s bark, leaves, flowers, fruits or cones, and overall shape
- Identification is easy with tips for distinguishing similar species
- Range maps and habitat descriptions
- Illustrated keys based on leaf, flower, fruit and winter characteristics
- Name origins and French names
- Illustrated glossary.
Keep this handy book in your backpack for easy reference on hikes and walks, or put it on your cottage bookshelf.
Page Count: 240
Dimensions: 5.50" x 8.50"