by Phil Chadwick and Bill Hume
Here in Ontario, the weather can range from mild and wet in the south, to hot and humid in Toronto, to heavy flurries and cold in the north. Join acclaimed Ontario meteorologist Phil ''The Forecaster'' Chadwick as he explores this ever-fascinating subject:
- Major influences on the climate of Ontario, including the Great Lakes, Hudson Bay, the Niagara Escarpment and the Gulf of Mexico
- The impact of weather on forest fires
- Cloud patterns, snowflakes, raindrops, hailstones and freezing rain
- Extreme weather throughout Ontario's history
- Weather forecasting techniques and equipment
- Implications of trends such as global warming
- Photos, charts, illustrations and maps throughout
Phil Chadwick is a severe weather specialist with Environment Canada in Ontario who has played a major role in such weather stories as the ice storm of 1998 and the tornado epidemic of 2006 (18 in one day). He has instructed meteorologists across North America on severe weather prediction and also is an accomplished artist.
Page Count: 240
Dimensions: 5.50" x 8.50"