Window Alert is a static-cling decal that may be applied to home and office windows, helping birds "see" windows and thus avoid striking the glass. The decal contains a component which brilliantly reflects ultraviolet sunlight. This ultraviolet light is invisible to humans, but glows like a stoplight for birds. Birds have vision that is up to 12 times better than that of humans.
- Apply decal to a glass surface. Do not apply to overlays such as tinting products.
- Ideally, place decals alone or in groups every few feet on outside of window.
- Apply decal to warm glass. Clean glass with water only. During winter, use warm water.
- Peel decal off backing. The same side of the decal that was against the backing goes against the glass.
- Position out of reach of infants and small children
- Restore static cling by rinsing in lukewarm water.
- UV coating may fade over time based on exposure and local elevation. Depending on these variables, replace decals every 9-12 months.
- Maple leaf decals measure approximately 4" across.
Millions of wild birds are killed each year flying into windows. Now you can help reduce this loss of life.