2nd Generation Jeffersonian Rain Gauge
- NEW powder-coated stainless steel float will never chip or leak!
- NEW solid brass, steel, and aluminum construction for long lasting service!
- Timeless art-piece adds sophistication and purpose to outdoor spaces
- Large easy-to-read numbers - visible from a distance
- Can be easily calibrated for precision
- Ground and deck mounts included
- Durable, attractive finish; won't peel, flake, or rust (patinas with age)
- Finish: Living Finish Brass
We've updated our most popular product using only the highest quality materials and construction possible to ensure that this practical, yet decorative instrument, will withstand the test of time for many years to come.
Our 2nd Generation Jeffersonian Rain Gauge features everything our customers have loved but now includes a solid steel deck mount and foundation rod, a stainless steel float that will never chip or leak, and a re-engineered gauge pointer for more precise measurements.
Inspired by Thomas Jefferson's affinity for invention, this unique device uses a float and lever design to measure up to 7" of rain in 2/10" increments. As rain fills the vial, the red ball rises, consequently causing the steel arm to climb up the scale.
The 2nd Generation Jeffersonian Rain Gauge is crafted from solid brass, glass, aluminum and stainless steel.
Please remember to AVOID FREEZING! Be sure to bring your rain gauge indoors before air temperatures reach the freezing point. This will keep it safely free of ice, which can expand and break the vial.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.