Traditionally, plants were used to treat and cure whatever ails, from cuts and burns to colds and flu, from stress and insomnia to arthritis and hemorrhoids. Now you can harness nature’s healing power in your garden. In this book, which has been seven years in development, veteran garden writers Alison Beck and A.H. Jackson feature some of the most common and easy-to-grow plants that also have medicinal qualities. Each of the 87 accounts includes:
• medicinal properties
• historic and contemporary healthful, healing uses
• height, spread and hardiness
• prominent features such as habit, flower colour and bloom time
• planting information, including sun and soil requirements
• tips on where and how to include it in your garden
• recommended species and varieties
• problems and pests
• 175 colour photos.
By no means a medical resource, this gardening guide is simply that— a how-to for growing medicinal plants.
|139.7 × 215.9 mm
Lone Pine Publishing
|Number of Pages
Pickup is still available for local store locations with 0 stock if home delivery inventory is available. In this case, order pickups will be ready as soon as the local store receives an inventory restocking from the warehouse