Plantskydd Deer & Animal Repellent, 1 lb Powder Concentrate
Plantskydd Deer and Animal Repellent is a proven, effective protection for garden plants, trees and shrubs against a wide-range of pests including deer, elk, moose, opossum and rabbits.
1 lb Soluble Powder Concentrate:
This product can be mixed at various strength levels depending on the type of plant or tree you are treating, as well as mixing it in a higher strength when trying to control a very large pest problem. When mixed for broadleaf plants it will make 1 gallon of spray – enough to treat about 200 to 250 plants, about ¾ of a gallon for treating confider trees or shrubs, which is enough spray to treat about 200 to 250 small conifers about 1 foot tall.
Plantskydd Deer Repellent is considered the one of the most cost-effective and environmentally safe animal repellents available. Plantskydd is accepted and used by leading forest companies, nurseries, private woodlot owners, landscapers, and home gardeners, as well as State/Provincial and National Conservation agencies.
Plantskydd Deer Repellent is made in the USA and is a 100% natural, environmentally friendly product. Plantskydd is approved for organic gardening and is member-tested and recommended by the National Home Gardening Club.</>
Plantskydd Deer Repellent was initially developed in Sweden in 1991 in response to commercial forest plantations being decimated by plant eating animals. The forest industry needed an animal repellent that could last through severe weather and meet Sweden's strict environmental laws. Plantskydd's long-term effectiveness is attributable to the tenacity of its 100% natural, vegetable oil binder in sticking to plants, even under severe snow/rainfall conditions: up to 6 months over winter, 3-4 months in summer. The Swedish name for the product "Plantskydd" translates as "Plant Protection".
Plantskydd Deer and Animal Repellent works by emitting an odor that animals associate with predator activity, repelling the animal before it nibbles on plants. Plantskydd stimulates a fear-based response which will have deer, elk, moose, opossum, and rabbits looking to dine somewhere other than your garden or plantation. The odor is not unpleasant to the applicator. Research has proven that odor-based repellents are more effective than other repellent systems (e.g. where the animal needs to taste treated plants before being repelled. Once animals are attracted to an area and begin feeding, it is more difficult to discourage them from returning.)
Plantskydd Deer and Animal Repellent is the deterrent of choice for many leading North American forest companies who use it to successfully prevent plantation damage by deer, rabbits, elk and moose to millions of conifer and hardwood trees, including: cedar, spruce, fir, pine, alder, birch, larch, and poplar species. Nurseries and landscapers find Plantskydd Deer Repellent to be equally effective in protecting flowers, shrubs, and ornamentals.
When using Plantskydd, here are a few helpful hints to increase its effectiveness:
- Apply on Dry Plants – it becomes resilient to rain in about 24 hours
- For Deer & Elk - Dip/Spray mainly tops of plant — until wet but not dripping
- For Rabbits - spray stem and lower leaves.
- Ornamentals — spray mainly on leaves of plants until wet - avoid blossoms
- Treat new growth as it emerges
- Test sample plants to determine sensitivity.
- Needles/leaves darken temporarily after treatment — original color returns in 18-36 hours.
- Apply at above freezing temperature.
- Avoid application in direct hot sunlight — for best results, apply in early morning or late afternoon.
- Expect some reduction in efficacy in warmer/sunny climates.
- Treating Pine seedlings during bud flush is not recommended (OK before/after bud flush period).
- Allow to dry 1-2 days before watering.
- Do not apply directly onto edible parts of fruit, vegetables...