Signature Collection, Large Bells of Paradise Chime, Pacific Blue
- Woodstock's bells of paradise chimes resonate longer than other wind chimes, bathing you in enduring harmony every time the wind blows
- Elegant look and evocative sound of this chime brings paradise to your home or yard; tuning: C, D, F, G, Bb, C
- Silver aluminum ring and wind catcher with 6 matte blue powder-coated aluminum tubes; large chime is 43 Inch long
- Chime tubes vibrate at frequencies related to one another by simple whole-number ratios, producing the purest, most beautiful musical intervals
- Woodstock chimes are known around the world for their innovative design, superior quality and beautiful sound
Bells of Paradise Chimes are available in multiple sizes and finishes. The tuning of our Bells of Paradise Chimes is based on an ancient system known as just intonation. This means that the frequencies at which the different chime tubes vibrate are related to one another by simple whole-number ratios. Tones that are related in this way produce the purest, most beautiful musical intervals. The elegant look and evocative sound of this chime will deeply satisfy your longing for paradise. Made of aluminum chime tubes which are specially-suspended, these chimes resonate longer than other wind chimes, bathing you in enduring harmony every time the wind blows. Hang this chime in your home or yard and enjoy the sounds of paradise right where you are. Woodstock Chimes are the original, musically-tuned, high-quality wind chimes known worldwide for their superior sound. When listening to a Woodstock Chime, you hear a fine musical instrument played by the wind, perfectly hand-tuned using the ancient system of "just intonation" based on natural harmonics. This means the frequencies at which the different chime tubes vibrate are related to one another by simple whole-number ratios. Tones that are related in this way produce the most beautiful musical intervals. The sonic effect is exceptionally pure and soothing. More than 30 years ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympus, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympus was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling wind chimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, Inc. in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.