Vegetable Gardening for Ontario
by Laura Peters
Ontario is an ideal place to grow a huge variety of vegetables, and there are plenty of healthful and economic benefits to having your own garden. Whether you have a traditional backyard space or several containers on a high-rise balcony, you can grow a season-long supply of tasty produce. Best-selling garden writer Laura Peters provides all you need to know to dig in:
- Basics such as light, soil, exposure and frost tolerance
- Almost infinite garden styles, including raised beds and limited space gardening
- Preparing the garden and selecting which vegetables to grow where
- Recommended varieties, including new, traditional, heirloom and unusual selections
- Seasonal care, including mulching, weeding and watering
- Tips throughout, including how to extend the growing season and what to do with your harvest
- Organic approaches to management of pests and diseases
- An appendix featuring companion plants and relationships
- Helpful hardiness maps, and delicious colour photos throughout.
From A to Z--yummy artichokes, arugula and asparagus, through to healthy kale and peculiar kohlrabi, leeks and okra, all the way to colourful peppers, potatoes, tomatoes and zucchini--it's all here in this informative gardening guide.
Page Count: 272
Dimensions: 5.50" x 8.50"