A personal message from our Founder
To our Dear Guests,
Like you, we are nature lovers. Fans of the great outdoors, the earth and all it’s inhabitants. For us, it’s usually about the wild birds, but especially now, it’s about us as humans. We are focused on the health and well-being of our Urban Nature Store Guests and Team Members.
We are used to practicing good hygiene all the time to keep our bird food fresh and free of contaminants. We are now taking extra measures and are following the advice of medical and government agencies to put into practice additional hygiene protocols for safe interactions. This is a fluid situation and we continue to monitor the evolving impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We will continue to adapt our protocols to meet the recommended guidelines. While we wait for our lives to return to normal, we are dealing with a new normal for now. This is what the new normal looks like at Urban Nature Store:
• All stores have multiple bottles of hand sanitizer available for customers and Team Members to use.
• All stores have been supplied with disinfectant sprays to clean and sanitize high-touch surfaces such as counter tops, door handles, PIN pads, keyboards, telephones etc.
• We will not be accepting cash for the immediate term. Credit and debit cards are the preferred payment method.
New Shopping + Order Options
• While our stores remain open, we are only conducting Curb-Side PickUp Only. Phone your order into your local store. Wait for us to call when your order is ready. Pick up at Curb-Side. Remain in your car, and we’ll bring your order out to you.
• You may also order online for Curb-Side PickUp simply select "in store curbside pick up at checkout and the store location of your choice.
• In some store locations, our hours of operations may be shortened, please call your local store ahead of time. Phone numbers may be found at https://www.urbannaturestore.ca/store-locations/
• If you prefer, you may shop online and have your order delivered to your door. https://www.urbannaturestore.ca - our shipping department is still operating.
Shortly we will be able to deliver to our local neighbourhoods directly from our stores. Call your store to inquire. It’s not our usual thing, but these aren’t usual times.
Protect Team Members
We have taken additional steps to protect our staff.
• Team Members are limited to working in one location only.
• All Team Members + Customers will be encouraged to practice appropriate social distancing.
• We will have no visits from outside suppliers or other partners.
• Only one designated member of our Head Office support staff will visit our store locations and these visits will be made after hours.
• All other Head Office staff will be working from home or have limited interaction with each other.
For the most reliable and updated information for you and your family, please refer to the trusted sources of information below:
> Canada Public Health - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
> World Health Organization - https://www.who.int
Our Nature-loving Guests and Team Members are the heartbeat of our company. We look forward to continuing to serve you wherever and however you choose to shop with us to keep our feathered friends fed.
Take care of yourselves and each other,
Paul Oliver, Founder.